Scattered Thoughts

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Good Grief!

Teach me not to log into my blog for two years!! I had to create a Google account! Okay, not happy, but I can do that---an hour later, many soft curses and finally saying I GIVE UP!! then gong to google and doing it from there--BINGO! ~growls~ I do not like being told I can't do somethng. My automatic response is "watch me"

Anyway, seems it's been forever since i have been here---gee, Miki, ya THINK?! gah--so many changes--however, a two year hiatus from the 'net did give me a new perspsective, for the most part. I let the old stuff slough off, found me again--or at least I think it did. If one can ever really "lose" themself--perhaps their way, their direction, stumble off the path--whatever. ~shrug~

I am back for mainly two reasons. I missed friends that I really don't get to talk to much any other way--and frankly--I was bored. TV palls real fast--and, while I am an avid bibliophile--my own company was also getting old and you can only read and re-read so many times before you know the entire book practically verbatim. I can look at the cover on the vast majority of my books and recite a book report..~lol~ For those of you that know me, you're laughing right now--for those that don't know me, or not well, you're looking at this with a slightly puzzled expression, since you don't know I read about a book and a half a day. And then I also work AND come online to play around.

I have come back, and attempted to go back to Gor--my old stomping grounds. Not much has changed, really--a lot of the same old folks, some "n00bs" and a few people I really didn't want to run into again, anyway. So, I hang out at Alterrealm and the forums--yeah, yeah, I know--big change there ~eye roll~ Still, ariel is alive and kicking along the AR boards--maybe not as much as she once did, but ~shrug~ I actually belong to a home there White Water--but--Poor As--She, who took pity on the poor returning slave and collared her--now rarely even sees her. I don't know. I guess the draw just isn't what it once was. I find myself no longer wanting to dip my toes into those murky depths again. I do still crave the joy i once found there, unfortunately, it has deserted me. maybe someday...

I also tried to go back to Webmaze--real good, Buddha---your once shining jewel of the chatrealm has now gone stright into the toilet. I miss my home there. The Dungeon was once one of your busiest rooms, had the most ACTIVE (and PAYING) members--now the place is a ghost town. I tired--i did--I sat in there for hours on end--all by myself and playing around--cleaned the cobwebs up and polished the stone floors, amour-alled the Dom's chairs ~snickers~ me, being me, you KNOW I had to do that ~impgrin~ I usre hope MHN didn't slide off and skate across the room like Crommie did the last time arlene and i "cleaned" the D...especially as He seems to be the ONLY inhabitant--and one i really don't much care for. Thus, no draw there.

I found myself a new place--ironically, thanks to a post on the AR boards about "and you think WE have gamers" or somesuch ~eyeroll~ I have a Second Life and I am truly enjoying myself---something i have not done in years! So, for those of you complaining about the "air typing" and the "attack of the horny furries" you can KMA--stay where you're at--I haven't found that trouble--you CAN turn off the air typing and the furries and anyone else are no more amorous than the HNGs you deal with all throughout HTML chat, parachat, Yahoo, AOL and what have you. if you can deal with it here, you can deal with it there. You have an easy escape, anyway..it's called "TP" ~thumbs up~ You don't have to deal with it.

I have met some truly wonderful people--some moreso than others. I am blessed to call a few "friend". I have a great group I hang around with in the evenings, One I can spend an entire evening with in IM and not even notice the passing of time ~wry glance, cuz I think you know who you are~ and for those of you with dirty minds--stop right there--back the train up--that's a gutter trip you'll have to take alone. I said talk and I meant precisely that. ~smiles~ For some reason, he likes to spend time with me, though I know I have GOT to try his patience to a fine line, some days. Thank Heavens he has a great sense of humor! I don't let him get away with much ~wicked lil grin~ y'all know better than that-if it CAN be misconstrued or have an unintentional double entendre--trust me, I WILL be the one that gets it...and lets' it be known. I don't take many gutter trips by myself. ~L~

Anyway, I think I have this book quite long enough for one night. maybe I'll be back tomorrow---maybe in a few days. I find I have really missed this silly thing, and well---I think--it's going to be a good purge for the "internal coversations" I have with myself. I had a few good ones, today at work--did I mention it wasn't as busy today? ~offers fevent prayers of gratitutde to the call center gods~

Ok and before I dart off on a tangent. I am hitting "save"

Hasta Manana!

-Mik

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home